Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Chrysta Rae Autumn Scavenger Hunt

SO, if you're not on G+ yet, my question is - why not?! It's where all the cool kids hang out. ;)

Anyway, G+ has become my Social Network for my photography. I've been following a number of photographers on there for some time now. Taking ideas, inspiration and knowledge from their posts. One of these is the amazing Chrysta Rae. Who along with being a great photographer also happens to be a really lovely person. She's always got kind words and encouragement for other photographers and she's also really funny!

So, Chrysta runs this "just for fun" photography scavenger hunt. I've followed it for some time; looking through the albums in awe at the skill of those who take part. Anyway, when the call came for the Autumn hunt, on a whim (and possibly in a moment of insanity) I signed myself up. In truth, I wanted a new project. A reason to shoot - just for the fun of it. I was not prepared for what the Hunt brought.

Chrysta creates a list of 10 words - the aim of the hunt is for the Scavengers (those that take part) to shoot a photo for each word. When that list was posted, my head just about exploded with ideas! Suddenly I felt REALLY like an artist. This wasn't about shooting portraits, this was about creating an image from conception to end product. IT WAS AMAZING!!!

I didn't manage to bring all my ideas to fruition, mainly due to work commitments and time constraints, but I was happy that I managed to shoot a picture for all 10 words. I was also pretty happy with all of my shots. But the best thing about the hunt was the new friends I made in the Scavenger community. These guys ROCK! They are passionate about photography and are quick to share their knowledge, skills, tips and tricks for the betterment of everyone in the hunt.

And, I guess you could say I enjoyed it, because I signed up for the next one! I have ideas aplenty. And the ideas I have are gonna push my shooting and editing skills. This will only make me a better photographer and dare I say it? A better artist. I can't share the shots (or the list) for this hunt until the reveals have all been done in February. Until then here are the photos I took for the Autumn Hunt.

Mummy (a mummified cat I found in Bolton Museum)

Stuffed

Trick

Gold

Thankful (this shot earned me an Honourable Mention! I was very proud of this)

Pumpkin

Creepy

Treat

SOOC (Straight Out Of Camera - no editing)

Portrait (seated)
I hope you are all enjoying your Christmas holidays. Spending time with loved ones and celebrating.

C
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment